Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
I know the picture isn’t selling it, but this easy recipe feeds the whole family of 7. It’s a light meal, with no leftovers, but it’s quick to prepare and cook. Try adding finely chopped celery and/or apple for some extra crunch. And if you don’t like mayo, substitute it for plain yoghurt. Consider serving it with a side of salad, or whatever else takes your fancy.
- 3 cans of white tuna
- 3-5 large tbsp mayonnaise
- 3-5 tbsp pickle relish
- 8 brioche or ciabatta buns
- Enough cheddar cheese (shredded or sliced) to cover the buns generously
- Pre-heat oven to broil (hi).
- Drain tuna; flake with fork; mix together with relish, mayonnaise, and a little pepper (to your liking).
- Shred or slice cheddar cheese.
- Toast buns face down, remove from oven.
- Spread a good amount of the tuna mix on each bun, face up.
- Cover with cheese.
- Broil in the oven until crispy, almost burnt.