Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1hr
I love a good burger. And as much as I love BBQ, there’s something special about cooking meat in its own juices. This is a simple recipe with homemade oven potato wedges. Serve with a fresh salad.
Feeds 7 mouths.
Burgers 🍔 (makes approx. 8)
- 800g minced beef
- 1/2 brown onion, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
Oven wedges 🥔
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 390F.
- Peel and cut potatoes into wedges.
- Toss potatoes in bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, and salt.
- Cover large baking sheet with baking paper. Lay out wedges evenly. Cook for approx. 1hr (or until crispy), flipping halfway through.
- Now the burgers, which can be prepared well in advance.
- Mince onions and mix together in a bowl with all other ingredients.
- Form about 7-8 burger patties of equal size (for even cooking).
- Cover and place in fridge until ready to cook.
- Fry on medium-high heat, turning once after a few minutes.
- Optional: toast buns in frying pan before serving.