Prep time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Cheese and pepper pasta. This is a classic Italian recipe, which is easy and quick to make. I used only parmesan, but a mix of pecorino and parmesan would also work.
Feeds 7 hungry mouths.
- 750g spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1-1.5 cup(s) parmesan, grated
- 3/4 cooking water
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Reserve about 3/4 cup of cooking water.
- A few minutes before the pasta is cooked, melt the butter in a separate pan.
- Add pepper, grated parmesan, and half the cooking water. Stir and add continue adding water until you have a creamy – but still slightly runny – sauce.
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Mix together well. Add a little extra water if necessary to loosen things up.