Prep time: 2-3 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
This is truly a family favourite, especially on the weekend. You can make it the night before and pop it in the oven when you wake up (let is come up to room temperature first). I think it’s better that away. It’s a good recipe for using up over-ripe bananas and any other fruits that you enjoy. I’ve doubled the recipe in order to gorge.
Tip: instead of layering the bananas on top, as I’ve done here, mash them into your mixture for a sweeter taste.
Feeds 7 hungry mouths.
- 6 cups oats (regular or quick)
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (or other fruit)
- 1-2 bananas (mushed into the mixture, or sliced on top)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Melt the butter and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to your bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add your fruit and stir.
- Pour mixture into your un-greased pan (8″ x 13″). (If making the night before, cover and put in the fridge until morning.)
- Cook uncovered for about 45 mins or until golden and crispy on top.
- Serve in bowls with a splash of milk.