Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
This is my son’s favourite recipe. It’s another son’s worst nightmare, mainly because of the kidney beans. But 6/7 ain’t bad. It’s a great use of ingredients, and it’s delicious.
Feeds 7 hungry mouths, with second helpings.
- 750g minced beef
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Brown meat and onion in a large skillet or pot (with lid).
- Meanwhile, chop green pepper and rinse beans.
- Drain fat.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot/skillet: i.e., beans, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, garlic power, chill powder, and macaroni.
- Bring to boil, then simmer and cover for 40-45 mins.
- Serve with sour cream and grated cheddar cheese.