Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10-12 mins
If, like me, you find yourself with some under-ripe cherry tomatoes, then this is the perfect recipe. It’s quick and simple. And for some reason, my whole family (myself included) inhales it.
Feeds the whole family, with second helpings.
- 750 g penne pasta
- 2 punnets, cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut the tomatoes; crush the garlic.
- Once the pasta is cooking, bring a frying pan to high heat. Melt your butter and add the olive oil.
- Toss in the tomatoes and garlic. Season generously with salt and pepper. Stir.
- When the tomatoes begin to soften, add the balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain your pasta and toss into the tomato mixture.
- Serve with a generous portion of grated parmesan.