Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 40-45 mins
Breakfast for dinner. This is sort of like quiche, but a lot easier to make. I had to use up some eggs, some lonely potatoes, and some remaining bacon, so this recipe was a no-brainer. If you have more vegetables in your fridge, a chopped red or green pepper wouldn’t go amiss.
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Half-whole pack of bacon, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Green onions, if you got ’em, chopped
- 1 brown onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop bacon and fry until crispy. Set aside on some paper towel.
- Cook onion and garlic in the bacon fat until translucent. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, chopped potatoes, green onions, salt and pepper, cheese, onions/garlic, and bacon.
- Spray a 9″x13″ casserole dish with vegetable oil. Pour in your mixture and cook uncovered for 40-45 mins until golden brown.
- Let rest for 5 mins before serving.